- This event has passed.
October 9, 2015 @ 6:00 pm - October 11, 2015 @ 9:00 am
Come and go camping with your son at our annual “Mom and Me” campout.
When: October 9th, 2015 to October 11th, 2015
Where: D-Bar-A Scout Ranch – 880 E. Sutton Road, Metamora, MI, Beaver Creek and Clearwater Cabins
Cost: $20 per person Tent or Cabin ($10 per person Saturday Only)
Event Coordinator: Valerie Zawinsky. Questions email them to Valerie at firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration: Use form below (when you submit will take you to Paypal to pay with CC)
REGISTRATION DEADLINE : SUNDAY October 2nd (so we know how much food to buy)
What: A weekend of camping fun with Mom and Me. Activities Schedule (PDF)
Moms, with a son, this is quality time at it’s finest! It’s a weekend to escape the norm and let the boys be boys – and since it’s a Mom & Me campout, you get all the credit for this awesome weekend they will talk about for weeks or longer!
The Scouts will be exploring, creating, and playing all weekend. From Tiger up, they will get to try their hand at everything from hunting for frogs, (mom’s don’t need to join in on that one), seeing the stars from an incredible telescope, going head to head in a Mom and Scout game of Human Foosball, to making their own meals. Each mom puts in a helping hand to oversee an activity. While boys are enjoying free time, moms get to enjoy socializing with other moms. Fun for all!
You have the option of staying in the Cabin (first come-first serve), Tent, or just spend Saturday at camp. It’s action packed so block the calendar and make a weekend or day of it.
An Activity Lead Sign-up List and Packing List will be coming sent out to registered families.
How long can we stay?
- Stay both Friday and Saturday nights OR
- Come early Saturday morning and stay Saturday night OR
- Come just for the day on Saturday
- Packing List – What to bring (PDF)
- Campsite Map 1 (PDF) Map 2 (PDF)
- Map and Directions (PDF)
- Scout Health Form parts A & B (PDF)
What not to bring:
- DBar A has as strict policy on Alcohol, illegal drugs and firearms, click here to read more. This is consistent with the Cub Scouts and Pack policy that prohibits alcohol and illegal drugs at any scout event.
- NO WEAPONS OR TOY WEAPONS ARE ALLOWED AT THE MOM AND ME. NO NERF GUNS, NERF BOWS AND ARROWS, NERF BLASTERS OR ANY SIMILAR ITEM.